In recognition of our innovative work tailored to the needs of young women diagnosed with breast cancer, Living Beyond Breast Cancer has been awarded a $1.75 million grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
In this issue, read about the factors that may impact choosing lumpectomy, single mastectomy or double mastectomy for breast cancer, and what resilience is and how it may play a part in your breast cancer experience. Read Nancy Dallman's personal story of developing and living with lymphedema, swelling of the hand, arm, chest or torso that may be caused by breast cancer treatment.
- Adding Carboplatin to Chemotherapy May Improve Treatment Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Final Results of TH3RESA Trial Confirm Effectiveness of T-DM1
- Better Access to Surgery Information May Improve Reconstruction Decision Making
- CLEOPATRA Final Results: Perjeta Extends Life Significantly
- Radiation Therapy After Breast Implant Reconstruction Associated With Lower Levels of Well-Being
We Can Survive Concert10/24/2014
We’re excited to announce the upcoming We Can Survive concert presented by 5-hour ENERGY and CBS Radio benefiting Living Beyond Breast Cancer at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, California.
Metastatic Breast Cancer Series, Part 2: Communicating with Your Healthcare Providers10/30/2014
Learn how to get the most out of your time with your doctor.
On the Blog
October 20, 2014
Weathering Through The Darkest Moments
Today we would like to introduce Dana Donofree, LBBC friend and supporter but first time LBBC blogger! Dana’s story will span three blog posts as she shares her story and how her breast cancer journey impacted her life and career so be sure to check back to learn more! In the weeks leading up to my […
Living Beyond Breast Cancer expert Katherine Tkaczuk, MD, answers your questions available treatments for metastatic breast cancer, and what research is on the horizon.